Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome - step inside my mind!

Yes - I supposed getting into someone else's head can seem a bit strange, a little off, or even weird. But clearly you've got nothing better to do if you're taking the time to read this. So sit back and ponder along with me the mysteries of life, the universe and well . . . um, everthing. Ok, maybe that's a bit too broad (and besides, those in the know are already aware of the answer - it's 42). So why am I writing this and even more to the point, why should you waste your valuable time reading this drivel?

Hmmm . . . well, I thought I'd jump into this world of blogging for a few reasons.

1. I've worked in the world of web sites as a Sr. Business Analyst for larger corporations mostly in the financial and publishing industries for the last 13 years. Yet I've had no experience with creating blogs to date. I was curious to learn more about them so here I am.

2. I occassionally have some free time riding on a train for 2 1/2 hours into and out of NYC to work each day that when it isn't used for working, ends up being used to read, ponder life, and too often to examine in minute detail the backs of my eyelids. So why not start writing?

3. I have several interests which might provide ample fuel for such an endeavor and sharing my musings may in fact help someone else with similar interests. Among these are: simplicity, the art of living, raising a family, music, art, literature, history, nature, religion, politics, group dynamics, systems theory, human potential, self improvement, technology, mythology, geology, theology, and the other various -ologies on a list that goes on forever.

So over the course of however long I manage to keep this thing going you can expect to share in my exploits across this vast range of subjects as I struggle to make my way through life and hopefully we'll understand & enjoy a little of it.

Cheers!

No comments: